Fast Seller’s Market in Walnut Creek
As of today, 03/13/14, we are without question in a seller’s market. Inventory levels remain low for this time of year and demand is high. Multiple offers are the norm. If I was selling my house I would do so as quick as I can, if I was trying to buy a home I know I would need to have patience and not get discouraged.
Homes with a solid, proven marketing plan behind them that maximizes exposure should get top dollar.
Buyers need a market savvy agent who knows the current market and comps in a given area. An agent who is experienced and understands how to navigate through a seller’s market.
Quick Walnut Creek facts so far this year include:
- Only 26 single family homes on market as of 03/13/14.
- 31 homes are currently Pending (in contract).
- 23 properties that listed after January 1, 2014 have Sold (already closed).
- 17 of the 23 Sold properties had 9 or less days on market before selling, none exceeded 14 days on the market. This is an amazing statistic!
- 19 of the 23 Sold properties closed over list price!
- 25 of the 31 Pending homes were on the market less than 14 days. Again, amazing!
As you can see we are in a FAST seller’s market. If you’re considering selling and/or buying a home or just have a few questions please feel free to contact us.
Latest posts by Steve Quanstrom (see all)
- Walnut Creek Real Estate 2017 Year In Review - January 16, 2018
- Walnut Creek Real Estate Market Update March 13, 2014 - March 13, 2014
- 3 Tips For Buying A Home In This Crazy Market! - February 8, 2014