For this article we are going to provide you with easy data about the Walnut Creek Real Estate Market in 2013. These key points do a great job at painting a picture of how our local market performed last year. Have a look for yourself at the list below!
Walnut Creek Real Estate Fun Facts From 2013:
• 593 detached Single Family Homes Sold in 2013
• Average List Price: $826,910
• Average Sold Price: $845,008
• Average Square Feet: 2172
• Average Price Per Square Foot: $390
• Average Days On Market: 22
• Homes that Sold for $1,000,000 or more: 98
• Homes that Sold for $1,250,000 or more: 44
• Homes that Sold for $1,500,000 or more: 17
• Homes that Sold for $1,750,000 or more: 8
• Homes that Sold for $2,000,000 or more: 2
Walnut Creek Real Estate Market Notes
It continues to be a seller’s market in Walnut Creek. Inventory levels were low throughout the year and demand has been high, evidenced by the high number of properties that received multiple offers. Homes that sell above asking price became the “norm” with favorable terms for home sellers. The facts above are somewhat astonishing. Looking at the points that the average “Sold” price is significantly higher than the average “List” price.
Walnut Creek Real Estate Market Looking Forward to 2014
We look for inventory levels to increase in the first quarter from the low fourth quarter levels, but fully expect demand to remain high which bodes well for savvy home sellers. Mortgage rates are expected to increase throughout 2014 which may limit pricing levels for some buyers, if you’re considering selling your home it may be more beneficial for you to hit the market early this year opposed to later.
If you would like to discuss the current market and the best strategy to take advantage of our current market please contact us. All of us at the Steve Quanstrom Group are here to help you reach your goals. We realize every seller has different needs and different goals, so we customize our marketing efforts individually for each client to maximize what is best for you.
Here is a visual for the data listed above (just click it to enlarge):
Be sure to follow the Steve Quanstrom Group on social networks!
Latest posts by Steve Quanstrom (see all)
- Walnut Creek Real Estate 2017 Year In Review - January 16, 2018
- Walnut Creek Real Estate Market Update March 13, 2014 - March 13, 2014
- 3 Tips For Buying A Home In This Crazy Market! - February 8, 2014