It is time for a quick Walnut Creek Market Update. We may be moving into a slower time of year, but our local real estate market is in fact active. We took a quick look at some data from November 1st, 2013 through December 5th, 2013 and this article means to give you an easily digestable rundown of that information.
As of December 5th, 2013, this is a quick glance at single family detached homes in Walnut Creek. Fun facts below:
- Currently 31 homes are Active on the market right now.
- 15 of those homes have been on the market for 34 days or less, 6 homes have been on the market less than 8 days.
- 6 homes are priced over $1 Million, 2 are priced above $2 Million.
- Currently 44 homes are Pending (meaning in contract and waiting to close), homes are even selling during this holiday time! We have less than one month’s inventory on the market and clearly more buyers than sellers at this present time.
- 4 of the pending homes are priced over $1 Million, 26 homes are priced above $700 thousand.
- 49 homes have closed since November 1, 2013.
- 37 of those 49 homes closed for asking price or above list, multiple offers continue to impact our market driving prices upward.
- 10 of those homes closed above $1 Million, 36 closed above $700 thousand.
There you go! A quick snapshot of what the real estate market is looking like in Walnut Creek, CA. As you can see, there are still buyers out there looking for property in our local area. Can we be that surprised though? We are in a fantastic area to live and exist. Walnut Creek offers amazing neighborhoods, great schools, and an incredible downtown area. With tight inventory and high demand, home prices have been trending upwards. We are expecting this trend to continue into the first quarter of 2014.
Whether you are preparing to sell your home, or even just curious, Contact Us! We would be happy to complete a market analysis for your home that gives you a CURRENT assessment of where your home stands in the market. Please note that we offer that analysis for FREE and with ZERO OBLIGATION.
Follow The Steve Quanstrom Group on:
Latest posts by Steve Quanstrom (see all)
- Walnut Creek Real Estate Market Update March 13, 2014 - March 13, 2014
- 3 Tips For Buying A Home In This Crazy Market! - February 8, 2014
- Lafayette Real Estate 2013 Wrap Up! - January 15, 2014