Lafayette Real Estate 2013 Fun Facts
For this article we are going to provide you some statistics for the Lafayette real estate market in 2013. If you haven’t already done so, here are the numbers that wrap up 2013 for Walnut Creek. Like that previous article, all of the information here has been taken from the MLS and is based on detached single-family homes. Let’s dive in!
Lafayette Real Estate 2013
- 314 detached single family homes SOLD between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013.
- Average List Price: $1,251,002
- Average Sale Price: $1,248,532
- Average Days on Market: 35
- Average Square Feet: 2682
- Average Price Per Square Foot: $476
- 165 (52%) homes sold ABOVE list price
- Highest priced sale in 2013: $5,400,000
2013 was a great year for Lafayette home sellers. Inventory was low throughout the year while demand remained high. Multiple offers became the norm and expected on many homes. We expect more of the same in 2014, however there could be a shift as we expect interest rates to slightly rise this year. In fact, some predictions are going as high as 5.5% (which is still a very good rate). That will be very interesting to watch. Will more inventory come on the market as interest rates rise? Will that cause a shift in the market? That might depend on even more factors. Especially for younger, first time buyers.
Here is a visual of the numbers we just gave you!
Connect with the Steve Quanstrom Group on Social Networks!
Latest posts by Steve Quanstrom (see all)
- Walnut Creek Real Estate 2017 Year In Review - January 16, 2018
- Walnut Creek Real Estate Market Update March 13, 2014 - March 13, 2014
- 3 Tips For Buying A Home In This Crazy Market! - February 8, 2014