Now that we are in 2015, perhaps it is time to take a look at how the Concord real estate market performed in 2014. Our team had a few listings in Concord during the year, and it was interesting to see the strong buyer demand going on.
Since we have to, here is information about the data we used for this blog post. We are looking at data for January 1st, 2014 through December 31st, 2014. Single-family detached homes in Concord that were listed or closed within that timeframe will be used here. We are not including any information about townhouse properties, or condo units (but if you would like that information, just ask). Also, we won’t be pulling in data that includes expired or cancelled listings.
In this blog post, we will provide you some numbers that give an overall look at how the real estate market in Concord performed in 2014. And then we will show you data per zip code as well (94518, 94519, 94520, 94521). You can also click the button below to request an very detailed and comprehensive report about any Concord (or Contra Costa) zip code.
Request Free Report
Concord Real Estate 2014
- 1,036 single-family, detached homes were listed in Concord during the 2014, 928 of which closed during the calendar year.
- Average List Price = $484,689.
- Average Sold Price = $488,535; with the highest sold price hitting $1,075,000.
Concord Home Values have been going up! Compare those values above with 2013; Average List = $435,155 and Average Sold = $445,918.
- Average Days On Market: 25; Wow! That is fantastic!
- 371 Of the listed properties went into contract in 10 days or less!
Many Concord homes went into contract without having to be on the market for a long time in 2014. This shows a fantastic buyer demand for homes in many areas of Concord. We have seen this first hand via some listings we had in Concord in 2014. Let’s now look at what went on in each zip code of Concord.
94518 Area of Concord
- 227 homes were listed in the 94518 area of Concord in 2014; 206 of those listings closed in that calendar year.
- Average List Price = $526,310.
- Average Sold Price = $533,342; with the highest sold hitting $1,075,000.
- Average Days On Market = 23.
- 92 homes went into contract in 10 days or less!
94519 Area of Concord
- 225 Homes were listed in the 94519 area of Concord in 2014; 195 of those listings closed in that calendar year.
- Average List Price = $414,483.
- Average Sold Price = $416,065; with the highest sold hitting $649,950.
- Average Days On Market = 25.
- 78 homes went into contract in 10 days or less!
94520 Area of Concord
- 172 Homes were listed in the 94520 area of Concord in 2014; 151 of those listings closed in that calendar year.
- Average List Price = $355,659.
- Average Sold Price = $360,435; with the highest sold hitting $515,000.
- Average Days On Market = 28.
- 55 homes went into contract in 10 days or less!
94521 Area of Concord
- 408 Homes were listed in the 94521 area of Concord in 2014; 374 of those listings closed in that calendar year.
- Average List Price = $554,365.
- Average Sold Price = $554,075; with the highest sold hitting $1,050,000.
- Average Days On Market = 26.
- 143 homes went into contract in 10 days or less!
We hope that this summary of the 2014 Concord Real Estate Market was helpful to you. Homeowners in particular need to know this kind of information so that they can have an idea of where their home may stand. It is important to know, that while Zillow estimates and the like are quick and easy; Zillow has no way of taking into account the important and unique characteristics of your home. The hard, local data is what plays the biggest role in the valuation of your home! As we noted earlier in this post, home values went up significantly from 2013 to 2014. That is great news for home owners and potential sellers!
We offer complimentary home valuations that are completely custom to your home in the Contra Costa County area. If you click the image below, you are able to send us a quick email that let’s us know you are curious to your home’s value. We will respond promptly to let you know our process! Hey, it’s complimentary with no-obligation, couldn’t hurt right?!
The data used for this blog post was compiled from the MLS for January 1, 2014-December 31, 2014 for single-family, detached Active/Pending/Sold Properties, and is intended for personal use by the consumer. This information is not comprehensive; some sales information may not be included here. This information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Sorry, we have to say all that! Have a great day!
Latest posts by Matt Quanstrom (see all)
- Walnut Creek Real Estate Market Report, January-March 2017 - April 4, 2017
- Concord Real Estate Market Report; January-March 2017 - April 4, 2017
- Walnut Creek Real Estate Market Report February 2017 - February 24, 2017